Launched in 2007, the NACo Green Government
Initiative provides comprehensive resources for local governments on
all things green, including energy, air quality, transportation, water
quality, land use, purchasing and recycling. NACo serves as a catalyst
between local governments and the private sector to facilitate green
government best practices, products and policies that result in
financial and environmental savings.
Through the Initiative, NACo will:
- Increase education and outreach on all things green;
- Help educate counties and help them educate the public;
- Promote environmentally-preferable purchasing;
- Facilitate an open dialogue with the private sector;
- Reverse misinformed opinions that green techniques are too costly or of lesser quality; and
- Expand to schools and cities in the second and third years of the program.
Click here to read more about this initiative, or visit the NACo website at the resource link below.
From the Smart Growth Network.