April 24, 2008, at Lyon Hall, the preserved c.1853 Greek Revival home of George Gaines and Annie Glover Lyon, Demopolis, Alabama
This One-Day CAMP features three nationally recognized experts and focuses on preservation commission fundamentals that every commission member should understand thoroughly.
CAMP is a unique Historic Preservation Training Opportunity for:
- Communities striving to retain their unique sense of place and
civic life without falling victim to the long term effects of urban
sprawl and “cookie cutter” retail developments.
- Mayors, Councilmen, Chambers, and other Economic Leaders eager
to revitalize their historic neighborhoods and Downtown businesses
resulting in further economic growth;
- Historic Preservation Commissioners, (seasoned CLG representatives or fresh volunteers) looking to preserve
- the irreplaceable character of their community, creating distinctive environments for daily living;
- Tourism Professionals seeking to create “destination” communities where citizens proudly invite and welcome visitors;
- Realtors looking for new markets with increased property values and exclusive unique appeal.
Learn more and register CAMPflyer.pdf