Grant: America’s Historical and Cultural Organizations
Agency: National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
Division: Public Programs
Deadline: January 9, 2013, for projects beginning August 2013.
Description: America’s Historical and Cultural Organizations grants provide support for museums, libraries, historic places and other organizations that produce public programs in the humanities.
Grants support the following formats:
- Exhibitions at museums, libraries and other venues.
- Interpretations of historic places, sites or regions.
- Book/film discussion programs, living history presentations, and other face-to-face programs at libraries, community centers and other public venues.
- Interpretive websites.
All projects should:
- Build on sound humanities scholarship.
- Deepen public understanding of significant humanities questions.
- Involve a team of humanities scholars in all phases of development and implementation.
- Appeal to broad audiences.
- Approach a subject analytically and interpretively through an appropriate variety of perspectives.
- Encourage dialogue and discussion.
Humanities projects tailored to particular groups, such as families, youth teachers, seniors, at-risk communities and veterans are welcome.